Dundee General Hospitals (Board of Management)


Dundee General Hospital Board of Management was established in 1948 as the body of the National Health Service responsible for running the Royal Infirmary, the Royal Victoria Hospital, Armitstead Convalescent Home, The Bughties, the Constitution Road Clinic, the Deafness Clinic, the Eye Institution, the Infant Hospital, the Orthopaedic and Rheumatic Clinic, the Gerard Cottage Hospital, Kings Cross Hospital, Maryfield Hospital, the Sidlaw Hospital and the Dundee Women's Hospital as well as the Mobile Mass Radiography Unit and the Special Appliance clinic.

The first new hospital to be inaugurated under the control of the Board of Management was Ninewells Hospital, which was opened in 1972.


Collection Summary

Search the Collections

back to Collection Histories

Designed by: Matthew Davis